Welcome to the website of Lisa A. Martin – freelance science writer, freelance copywriter, freelance copy-editor and freelance proofreader.
things i do:
- Editing and/or proofreading essays, dissertations, theses, journal manuscripts, policy documents, grant proposals, websites, brochures and more
- Writing for websites, scientific media, social media, press releases and more
- Optimising your web content for maximum search results
- Social media strategy and management, including Twitter, Facebook, blogs, Pinterest, Instagram and more
- Developing print and email marketing campaigns
- Communications project management
- Science journalism
subjects i like:
- Plant science – everything from fundamental work with model organisms, translational plant science, synthetic biology, pathology, agriculture, horticulture, traditional or technology-assisted breeding, botany, conservation, biofuels, food security, climate change research, you name it…
- Biomedical science, including but not limited to: cancer biology, women’s health, neuropathic pain and migraine, ageing, mental health, Type 2 diabetes and autoimmune diseases, biomechanics and sports medicine, paediatrics, medical ethics and more.
- Cell and molecular biology, genetics, genomics, proteomics, other ‘omics…
- Science policy, funding and strategy
- Outreach and education
- Technical, non-scientific subjects